UK & IRELAND
- UK Pre & Post Cruise Options
- London City Stay
- Edinburgh City Stay
- Belfast City Stay
- Dublin City Stay
- Other Cities
- London and Heart of England
- Highlights of Scotland
- Highlights of Ireland
- England Wales and Scotland
- England's South West
- Essential England
- English Heritage
- In the Footsteps of the Royals
- Castles of Scotland
- Whisky and The Flavour of Scotland
- A Pilgrimage to Britain and Ireland
- Celtic and Roman Heritage
- Harry Potter's Enchanting England
- Music Legends
- Bond Style
- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen
- London for Singles
WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
- Simply Italy
- Swiss Rail Tours - Glacier Express
- London & Paris
- Amsterdam City Stay
- European Pilgrimage Tour
- Explore France: Paris & Nice
- European Pre Cruise Options
- Portugal & Spain
- Italy - Rome, Florence & Venice
- London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris
- Barcelona City Stay
- Paris City Stay
- Highlights of Europe
- Southern European Highlights
CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE
- Charms of Croatia and Slovenia
- Croatia Island Hopping Cruise
- Balkans Adventure
- Highlights of Bulgaria
- Budapest City Stay
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Prague City Stay
- Vienna City Stay
- Christmas Markets in Central & Eastern Europe
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia & Hungary
- From Warsaw to Hamburg
- Europe's Imperial Capitals
- Lapland Explorer
- Greenland - A Place Like No Other On Earth
- Norway - All the Way North!
- Scandinavian Capitals
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Incredible Iceland
- Norway’s Spectacular Fjords and Glaciers
PRE & POST CRUISE
BARCELONA CITY STAY
Since hosting the Olympic games in 1992 Barcelona has maintained its reputation for being one of Europe’s most fashionable and easy to access destinations. A city steeped in traditional history, famous monuments such as Gaudi’s grand designs sit side by side with modern art, stylish boutiques and delicious Tapas bars.
Arrive in Barcelona and enjoy a panoramic sightseeing tour of the city. Take in the more modern aspects of the city including the Olympic port and Camp Nou, home to Barcelona’s famous football team, to the historic sights of Gaudi’s Casa Balltó and La Sagrada Familia before arriving at your hotel.
Enjoy a full day tour of the must see historic sights Barcelona is famous for. Meander through the maze of medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter and soak up the unique architecture of the 15th century buildings including the impressive Barcelona Cathedral. Following a typical tapas lunch the tour continues with a stop at the Olympic Stadium, the setting for the 1992 Olympics before heading back in time to the Picasso Museum and an opportunity to visit Gaudi’s famous buildings, La Sagrada Familia cathedral, and the Park Guell, a UNESCO world heritage site.
Enjoy an early evening dinner before taking your seats in the famous Camp Nou, the home of the mighty Barcelona FC for a private tour of the stadium and entrance to the team museum.
Sit back and relax as you take to the waves on board a luxurious catamaran for a morning at sea and a different view of the city and nits surroundings.
Back on dry land enjoy a glass or two of traditional Catalan Cava over lunch before heading to the amazing Las Ramblas, one of the most famous boulevards in the world. The mile long road bustles with artists, street entertainers, musicians and vibrant market traders that are sure to enchant you.
Free morning in Barcelona and time for shopping followed by departure home.
You may wish to include or add some of these superb excursions from your base in Barcelona:
- Head skywards and take in a bird’s eye view of the city’s skyline in a cable-car ride from Montjuic.
- Explore the stunning scenery and mountains outside the city centre with an excursion to Montserrat and surrounding wine regions. Explore Montserrat’s historic Basilica and scenic parklands before heading to a local winery to explore the vast wine cellars and of course a little cava tasting.
- Browse the local wares in a typical Catalan market. The Boqueria Market dates back to 1217 and is popular with both locals and tourists alike today.
- Browse well known boutiques and branded stores along the Passeig de Gracia.
We can arrange memorable evening dinners and entertainment - here are just a selection of ideas:
- Explore some of the best bars and cafes Barcelona has to offer with pre-dinner walking tour of the city’s most famous tapas bars.
- Enjoy typical Catalan cuisine in the heart of the bustling Boqueria Market at El Quim. A family run restaurant popular with locals, dishes are served around the bar in a relaxed and informal setting.
- Take exclusivity of Gaudi’s House Casa Balltó and enjoy a fabulous dinner created for you by top chefs in sumptuous surroundings.