UK & IRELAND
- UK Pre & Post Cruise Options
- London City Stay
- Edinburgh City Stay
- Belfast City Stay
- Dublin City Stay
- Other Cities
- London and Heart of England
- Highlights of Scotland
- Highlights of Ireland
- England Wales and Scotland
- England's South West
- Essential England
- English Heritage
- In the Footsteps of the Royals
- Castles of Scotland
- Whisky and The Flavour of Scotland
- A Pilgrimage to Britain and Ireland
- Celtic and Roman Heritage
- Harry Potter's Enchanting England
- Music Legends
- Bond Style
- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen
- London for Singles
WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
- Simply Italy
- Swiss Rail Tours - Glacier Express
- London & Paris
- Amsterdam City Stay
- European Pilgrimage Tour
- Explore France: Paris & Nice
- European Pre Cruise Options
- Portugal & Spain
- Italy - Rome, Florence & Venice
- London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris
- Barcelona City Stay
- Paris City Stay
- Highlights of Europe
- Southern European Highlights
CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE
- Charms of Croatia and Slovenia
- Croatia Island Hopping Cruise
- Balkans Adventure
- Highlights of Bulgaria
- Budapest City Stay
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Prague City Stay
- Vienna City Stay
- Christmas Markets in Central & Eastern Europe
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia & Hungary
- From Warsaw to Hamburg
- Europe's Imperial Capitals
- Lapland Explorer
- Greenland - A Place Like No Other On Earth
- Norway - All the Way North!
- Scandinavian Capitals
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Incredible Iceland
- Norway’s Spectacular Fjords and Glaciers
PRE & POST CRUISE
LONDON CITY STAY
See the main highlights of England’s glittering capital city on this short break.
Arrive in London, panoramic sightseeing tour of the most well known landmarks of the city, including St Paul's Cathedral, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. Check in at the hotel - London central or suburb location, overnight stay.
Full day sightseeing in London - starting with a ride on the London Eye from which you can get a fantastic bird's eye view of London and beyond. Walk along the Thames passing the Houses of Parliament and famous Big Ben, and visit Westminster Abbey - one of the most important church buildings in Britain. The Abbey has been the coronation church since 1066 and is the final resting place of seventeen monarchs. Then Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square with Nelson's column and Soho with Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square - the district of theatres, cinemas, pubs, clubs and restaurants. Free time for shopping. Return to the hotel.
Half day London sightseeing including the Tower of London, the medieval castle which served as a fortress, a royal palace, a prison, a place of execution and torture, an armoury, treasury, and since 1303, the home of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom. Next, a short walk along Tower Bridge, the iconic symbol of London completed in 1894. In the afternoon, an option to visit St Paul's Cathedral, British Museum or Madame Tussaud's. Free time, return to the hotel.
Free morning in London, departure home.
You may wish to include or add some of these superb excursions from your base in London:
- Half Day visit to the Royal Castle of Windsor or full day trip to the famous university town of Oxford and Windsor Castle
- Full day trip to Bath and/or Stonehenge
- Full day tour to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare, and the medieval Warwick Castle.
We can arrange memorable evening dinners and entertainment - here are just a selection of ideas:
- The London Showboat. This dinner cruise on the Thames includes a five course meal, and the evening entertainment includes songs from the most famous West End shows.
- The ' Medieval Banquet', a 4-course meal dinner with unlimited mead and wine and entertainment provided by jesters, strongmen and dancers from the court of Henry VIII.
- A pre-theatre dinner followed by an evening at a top West End musical.