UK & IRELAND
- UK Pre & Post Cruise Options
- London City Stay
- Edinburgh City Stay
- Belfast City Stay
- Dublin City Stay
- Other Cities
- London and Heart of England
- Highlights of Scotland
- Highlights of Ireland
- England Wales and Scotland
- England's South West
- Essential England
- English Heritage
- In the Footsteps of the Royals
- Castles of Scotland
- Whisky and The Flavour of Scotland
- A Pilgrimage to Britain and Ireland
- Celtic and Roman Heritage
- Harry Potter's Enchanting England
- Music Legends
- Bond Style
- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen
- London for Singles
WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
- Simply Italy
- Northern Italy & the Lakes
- Swiss Rail Tours - Glacier Express
- London & Paris
- Amsterdam City Stay
- European Pilgrimage Tour
- Explore France: Paris & Nice
- European Pre Cruise Options
- Portugal & Spain
- Italy - Rome, Florence & Venice
- London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris
- Barcelona City Stay
- Paris City Stay
- Highlights of Europe
- Southern European Highlights
CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE
- Best of Eastern Europe
- Charms of Croatia and Slovenia
- Croatia Island Hopping Cruise
- Balkans Adventure
- Highlights of Bulgaria
- Budapest City Stay
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Prague City Stay
- Vienna City Stay
- Christmas Markets in Central & Eastern Europe
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia & Hungary
- From Warsaw to Hamburg
- Europe's Imperial Capitals
- Lapland Explorer
- Greenland - A Place Like No Other On Earth
- Norway - All the Way North!
- Scandinavian Capitals
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Incredible Iceland
- Norway’s Spectacular Fjords and Glaciers
PRE & POST CRUISE
EDINBURGH CITY STAY
Visit Scotland’s historic capital and enjoy its glorious past, with a chance to see all the main landmarks covering centuries of history.
Arrive in Edinburgh, short panoramic sightseeing tour of Scotland's capital city, including the famous sights of the Royal Mile, Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle. Check in at a hotel located in central Edinburgh, free time in the evening. Overnight stay.
Full day sightseeing in Edinburgh. Starting at Edinburgh Castle, which sits in a prominent defensive position on a volcano rock and dominates the city, providing amazing views in all directions. The Castle is the house to the Scottish Crown Jewels and the famous Stone of Destiny, the ancient crowing seat of the Scottish monarchs. Close to the Castle is the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre, where you can enjoy a whisky-barrel ride during which the secret of production of single malt whisky will be revealed. Afterwards enjoy a walk along the Royal Mile to St Giles' Cathedral with its famed crown spire, the historic city church of Edinburgh. It is also known as the High Kirk of Edinburgh, the Mother Church of Presbyterianism and contains the Chapel of the Order of the Thistle (Scotland's chivalric company of knights headed by the Queen). Next, walk to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, closely associated with Scotland's turbulent past, including the life of Mary, Queen of Scots, who lived there between 1561 and 1567. Successive kings and queens made the Palace of Holyroodhouse the premier royal residence in Scotland. Now it is still the official residence of the royal family when in Scotland. Afterwards, free time for shopping, overnight stay in the hotel.
A morning visit to the National Museum of Scotland - two iconic buildings, one amazing museum. The collections in the landmark building of the Museum of Scotland tell the story of Scotland, its land, people and culture. The Royal Museum building, with its magnificent glass ceiling, houses international collections with subjects ranging from nature to art, culture and science. Afterwards, a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia, which for over 40 years served as a royal vessel hosting royalty and heads of state. Free afternoon for shopping. Overnight in the hotel
Depending on your return departure time, enjoy Edinburgh at your leisure before heading home with fond memories of this fascinating city.
You may wish to include or add some of these superb excursions from your base in Edinburgh:
- Half day tour to Stirling Castle - one of Scotland's grandest castles due to its imposing position and impressive architecture, commanding the countryside for many miles around.It towers over some of the most important battlefields of Scotland, including Stirling Bridge, the site of "Braveheart" William Wallace's Braveheart victory over the English in 1297.
- Half day tour to Glenkinchie Whisky Distillery to see the production process of lowland single malt whisky, including lunch and whisky tasting.
- Full day tour to St Andrew's, the 'Home of Golf' for lovers of the game. Sample programme includes a 90 minute golf 'clinic' (for beginners) with the professionals at the Practice Centre, St Andrews, lunch in the clubhouse, an 18-hole round of golf accompanied by the professionals (golf clubs supplied), and a St Andrew's Golf Academy Diploma for all participants.
We can arrange memorable evening dinners and entertainment - here are just a selection of ideas:
- The Witchery Tour - a unique and entertaining 'Ghost and Gore' walking tour in the city - do not be surprised by the things you hear and the ghostly apparitions you see this evening ! Visit the scenes of horrendous tortures, punishments and executions common in days gone by.
- A Gala Dinner on the Royal Yacht Britannia.
- Jamie's Scottish Evening - a 3-course banquet served piping hot to tables together with Jamie's finest red and white wine served in unlimited quantities during the meal. Clients are entertained by vivid Scottish dancers, musicians and the show doesn't finish without allowing everyone present to try a 'wee' piece of the traditional Haggis, Neaps and Tatties.