UK & IRELAND
- UK Pre & Post Cruise Options
- London City Stay
- Edinburgh City Stay
- Belfast City Stay
- Dublin City Stay
- Other Cities
- London and Heart of England
- Highlights of Scotland
- Highlights of Ireland
- England Wales and Scotland
- England's South West
- Essential England
- English Heritage
- In the Footsteps of the Royals
- Castles of Scotland
- Whisky and The Flavour of Scotland
- A Pilgrimage to Britain and Ireland
- Celtic and Roman Heritage
- Harry Potter's Enchanting England
- Music Legends
- Bond Style
- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen
- London for Singles
WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
- Simply Italy
- Swiss Rail Tours - Glacier Express
- London & Paris
- Amsterdam City Stay
- European Pilgrimage Tour
- Explore France: Paris & Nice
- European Pre Cruise Options
- Portugal & Spain
- Italy - Rome, Florence & Venice
- London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris
- Barcelona City Stay
- Paris City Stay
- Highlights of Europe
- Southern European Highlights
CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE
- Best of Eastern Europe
- Charms of Croatia and Slovenia
- Croatia Island Hopping Cruise
- Balkans Adventure
- Highlights of Bulgaria
- Budapest City Stay
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Prague City Stay
- Vienna City Stay
- Christmas Markets in Central & Eastern Europe
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia & Hungary
- From Warsaw to Hamburg
- Europe's Imperial Capitals
- Lapland Explorer
- Greenland - A Place Like No Other On Earth
- Norway - All the Way North!
- Scandinavian Capitals
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Incredible Iceland
- Norway’s Spectacular Fjords and Glaciers
PRE & POST CRUISE
BELFAST CITY STAY
Belfast - the bustling capital of Northern Ireland hosts a vast selection of attractions meaning there is something to suit every taste. Enjoy leisurely walks around the city soaking up historic landmarks such as Belfast City Hall or the Linen Hall Library founded in 1788. Alternatively the new Titanic Quarter mixes the famous history of the Titanic Shipyards with modern day shopping and dining venues.
Arrive in Belfast and enjoy a panoramic sightseeing tour of the key landmarks of the city. Take in the historic Old Cathedral Quarter and St Anne’s’ Cathedral , famous for its impressive stained glass window collection, the imposing Belfast Castle and Belfast City Hall before checking in at your hotel.
Half day visit of Titanic Belfast which hosts the impressive Titanic Shipyards and state of the art visitor experience which retells the story of Titanic from her conception within the city, to her prestigious launch and ultimately tragic end.
Shop till you drop with a half day excursion to Victoria Square and its huge selection of shops and boutiques.
Half day visit to the famous Stormont Estate, the ‘House on the Hill’ – the Parliament Buildings of Northern Ireland. The home of the new Assembly this building has an immense history. Visit the debating chamber where laws are made, the historic Library and have an opportunity to explore the peaceful nature trails that criss-cross through the stunning grounds.
Visit the Cathedral Quarter, the cultural hub of Belfast, and explore the historic maze of small alleyways, brimming with artisans, craft sellers, sculptors and writers. Browse in the stunning and historic St Anne’s Cathedral before resting in White’s Tavern – the oldest bar in Belfast having occupied its position in Winecellar Entry since 1630.
Free morning in Belfast City Centre followed by departure home.
You may wish to include or add some of these superb excursions from your base in Belfast:
- Visit the famous Giant’s Causeway where 37,000 basalt columns created by a volcanic eruption 60 million years ago rear majestically from the sea up to the cliffs above. A short distance away from the Causeway is the Old Bushmills Distillery, the world’s oldest licensed whisky distillery.
- Travel through the breath-taking coastal areas of County Antrim to the stunning Glens of Antrim, an area of outstanding natural beauty and picturesque towns and villages.
- Visit the Friday and Saturday markets as St George’s Market. Sample delicious Irish delights and browse eclectic antiques amongst one of Belfast’s brightest and busiest destinations.
- Visit the imposing Crumlin Road Gaol, the only Victorian era prison remaining in Northern Ireland and a grade A listed building.
- Step back into a bygone age with a visit to the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum. Ride on the majestic steam locomotives, experience flight or view the collection of vintage cars in the Transport Museum. Alternatively, meander through the Folk Museum and discover cottages, shops and farms as you chat to costumed guides demonstrating traditional crafts.
- The Belfast Peace Wall is one of the original ‘peace’ barriers of Belfast City where you can sign your name on the wall and explore the Shankill Road and Falls Road. Although this area was key to the civil unrest in the 1960’s, today it is completely safe and offers a vibrant and fascinating insight into Belfast community.
We can arrange memorable evening dinners and entertainment - here are just a selection of ideas:
- Enjoy the warm Irish hospitality at Bittles Bar, a typical Irish pub renowned for the best pint of Guinness in the city along with a wide selection of local and international draught beers and an extensive whiskey collection.
- The Crown Liquor Saloon, located in Great Victoria Street it is a shining example of a typical gin palace. Talented Italian craftsmen, brought to Ireland in the 1880s to build and repair many new churches were persuaded to work after hours installing ornate tiling, stained glass and woodwork and a large refurbishment by the National Trust in 1978 ensure it remains as one of Northern Irelands best-known pubs.
- Cultra Manor is located amongst stunning countryside in the heart of the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum. Overlooking Belfast Lough the period Manor provides the perfect backdrop for a unique gala dinner.