UK & IRELAND
- UK Pre & Post Cruise Options
- London City Stay
- Edinburgh City Stay
- Belfast City Stay
- Dublin City Stay
- Other Cities
- London and Heart of England
- Highlights of Scotland
- Highlights of Ireland
- England Wales and Scotland
- England's South West
- Essential England
- English Heritage
- In the Footsteps of the Royals
- Castles of Scotland
- Whisky and The Flavour of Scotland
- A Pilgrimage to Britain and Ireland
- Celtic and Roman Heritage
- Harry Potter's Enchanting England
- Music Legends
- Bond Style
- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen
- London for Singles
WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
- Simply Italy
- Swiss Rail Tours - Glacier Express
- London & Paris
- Amsterdam City Stay
- European Pilgrimage Tour
- Explore France: Paris & Nice
- European Pre Cruise Options
- Portugal & Spain
- Italy - Rome, Florence & Venice
- London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris
- Barcelona City Stay
- Paris City Stay
- Highlights of Europe
- Southern European Highlights
CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE
- Charms of Croatia and Slovenia
- Croatia Island Hopping Cruise
- Balkans Adventure
- Highlights of Bulgaria
- Budapest City Stay
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Prague City Stay
- Vienna City Stay
- Christmas Markets in Central & Eastern Europe
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia & Hungary
- From Warsaw to Hamburg
- Europe's Imperial Capitals
- Lapland Explorer
- Greenland - A Place Like No Other On Earth
- Norway - All the Way North!
- Scandinavian Capitals
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Incredible Iceland
- Norway’s Spectacular Fjords and Glaciers
PRE & POST CRUISE
PARIS CITY STAY
Paris, often called the ‘City of Light’, is a stunningly magical destination with a vast array of things to see and do. The city probably has more well-known attractions than any other destination, from the enchanting Mona Lisa in the Louvre to a picturesque sunset cruise down the River Seine.
Arrive in Paris and enjoy a panoramic sightseeing tour of the key landmarks of the city. Before heading to your hotel explore the golden bridges that stretch over the Seine, the famous Arc de Triomphe, elegant boulevards full of shopping opportunities and of course the statuesque structure they thought would only last a few years – the Eiffel Tower!
Take a half day tour of this spectacular city. Start the day with a climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower and enjoy a bird’s eye view of this breath-taking city as it lies before you. Marvel at the historic and world renowned monuments and buildings such as the Arc de Triomphe, Trocadero, Opera, Musée d'Orsay and the beautiful Place de la Concorde as well as some lesser known yet equally fascinating corners of the city. Soak in the glamour of the stunning avenue that is the Champs Elysées before stopping for a leisurely lunch in one of the cafes and bistros that line the leafy boulevards.
This afternoon enjoy a guided tour and explore the maze like Louvre and its famous art collections. Enter through the glass pyramid, an iconic symbol of Dan Browns famous novel The Da Vinci Code and find out what all the fuss is about
This evening why not enjoy a dinner cruise along the tranquil River Seine and a chance to appreciate why Paris is known as the "City of Light"
Morning visit to the "Ile de la Cité" to gasp at the soaring gothic buttreses and awe inspiring interior of Notre Dame cathedral and on to Montmartre to admire the work of the artists in this bohemian quarter and the impressive church of Sacré Coeur with its superb view right across the teeming city below, before taking lunch in one of the many delightful pavement cafes for which Paris is so famous.
The shopping opportunities in Paris are seemingly endless, from rambling street markets to the great department stores like Galeries Lafayette and Printemps, and there's time to get plenty of shopping in before joining your companions for dinner and a show at one of the legendary venues such as the Moulin Rouge.
Morning free to enjoy more of the city before departure home.
You may wish to include or add some of these superb excursions from your base in Paris:
- A guided visit of the Palace of Versailles, the embodiment of French aristocratic power.
- Tour the Loire Valley, including a visit to one of the legendary chateaux such as Chenonceaux or Chambord for which the region is so famous.
- A guided tour of Paris's famous Latin Quarter
- A visit to the famous gardens of the renowned impressionist painter Claude Monet at Giverny in the Seine Valley
- A full day trip to visit one of the great producers in the heart of the Champagne vineyards and learn how the world's favourite fizz was invented and how it is made today - as well as enjoying a tasting or two!
We can arrange memorable evening dinners and entertainment - here are just a selection of ideas:
- Enjoy a glass of champagne and admire the amazing views of the city and the Eiffel Tower from the top of Montparnasse Tower.
- Take lunch or dinner in the Eiffel Tower itself - an unrivalled opportunity to enjoy a meal in an iconic location.
- Gourmet Dinner evening - prepare to be dumbfounded by the skill and eloquence with which one of the cities top chef's and their team prepare a magnificent and memorable meal in a city which takes its food very seriously!