UK & IRELAND
- UK Pre & Post Cruise Options
- London City Stay
- Edinburgh City Stay
- Belfast City Stay
- Dublin City Stay
- Other Cities
- London and Heart of England
- Highlights of Scotland
- Highlights of Ireland
- England Wales and Scotland
- England's South West
- Essential England
- English Heritage
- In the Footsteps of the Royals
- Castles of Scotland
- Whisky and The Flavour of Scotland
- A Pilgrimage to Britain and Ireland
- Celtic and Roman Heritage
- Harry Potter's Enchanting England
- Music Legends
- Bond Style
- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen
- London for Singles
WESTERN & SOUTHERN EUROPE
- Simply Italy
- Northern Italy & the Lakes
- Swiss Rail Tours - Glacier Express
- London & Paris
- Amsterdam City Stay
- European Pilgrimage Tour
- Explore France: Paris & Nice
- European Pre Cruise Options
- Portugal & Spain
- Italy - Rome, Florence & Venice
- London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris
- Barcelona City Stay
- Paris City Stay
- Highlights of Europe
- Southern European Highlights
CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE
- Best of Eastern Europe
- Charms of Croatia and Slovenia
- Croatia Island Hopping Cruise
- Balkans Adventure
- Highlights of Bulgaria
- Budapest City Stay
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Prague City Stay
- Vienna City Stay
- Christmas Markets in Central & Eastern Europe
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia & Hungary
- From Warsaw to Hamburg
- Europe's Imperial Capitals
- Lapland Explorer
- Greenland - A Place Like No Other On Earth
- Norway - All the Way North!
- Scandinavian Capitals
- Prague, Warsaw & Baltic States
- Grand Tour of Iceland
- Incredible Iceland
- Norway’s Spectacular Fjords and Glaciers
PRE & POST CRUISE
PRAGUE CITY STAY
Now the most romantic city in Central and Eastern Europe, Prague has continued to catch the attention of travellers from all over the world as a dream destination with its fairytale-like cityscape. Notable historical and cultural landmarks are all within walking distance from each other, making the city one of the most accessible and most convenient in terms of sightseeing.
Arrive in the city of Prague and enjoy a short panoramic tour of this magical capital as you drive along the Vltava River. Take in the magnificent view of the Castle District towering over the city, with St. Vitus Cathedral and the Old Royal Palace dominating the skyline. Pass by Charles Bridge, one of the most iconic bridges in the world and a favorite subject for painters across the globe. Afterwards, check into your hotel.
Have a full day sightseeing tour of the city starting from the Castle District with a visit to St. Vitus' Cathedral, George Basilica and the Old Royal Palace, the former residence of the Bohemian kings. Pass by the Golden Lane, lined with small souvenir shops, medieval museums and little houses where famous writers such as Franz Kafka and Jaroslav Seifert used to live. You can opt to have your lunch at the best restaurant in the entire castle complex, the Lobkowicz Palace Cafe & Restaurant, then go further down to the Lesser Town afterwards and pass by the John Lennon Wall, filled with graffiti inspired by the artist and pieces of lyrics from The Beatles' songs. Cross Charles Bridge to move to the Old Town where you can watch the moving figures of the Prague Astronomical Clock, one of the oldest astronomical clocks in the world and the oldest one still working. In the evening, enjoy the illuminated view of the city from the Vltava River as you cruise along with a Jazz band playing in the background.
Your halfday tour starts at the Powder Gate, the city gate built in the 1lth century which is one of the 13 original entrances to the Old Town. Then walk through the Old Town Square and proceed to the Josefov, the former Jewish quarter of the city. Here you will visit the Jewish Museum which aims to preserve Jewish heritage from Bohemia and Moravia dating back to the beginning of the 20th century. Enjoy some free time in the afternoon around Wenceslas Square, a popular pedestrian area lined with shops, restaurants and quaint cafés and bars. At night, why not take up the option to do a beer tour around the city, as the Czech Republic is well known for its extremely tasty local beers and microbreweries.
The rest of the day is free for you to explore more of Prague as you choose.
We have quite a few excursions we can suggest for you – helping you to make the most of your stay in Prague:
- Half day visit to Kutna Hora, famous for the macabre Sedlec Ossuary with interiors made of human bones.
- Full day tour to Karlovy Vary, a famous spa destination known for the healing powers of its spring waters, and where you can get a taste of the local liquor Becherovka.
- Full day tour to Cesky Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage site which has largely preserved its wonderful Middle Age charm
Here are some more ideas we can arrange to make your trip to Prague even more memorable:
- The Nuclear Bunker Tour. Learn about the stories and background of Communism in the Czech Republic and experience how life was under communism during the Cold War.
- Enjoy a night of music with the most famous arias and duets from “Don Giovanni” and “The Marriage of Figaro” during a Mozart Dinner at the Grand Hotel Bohemia.
- Challenge yourself and your group in an escape game, where you have 60 minutes to get through codes, teasers and logical twists to escape the flat.